Who is a data analyst?
A data analyst is the maintainer of the data, he or she identifies, collects, analyzes, and interprets the data for the profit of the company.
How to become a data analyst with no experience?
No worries, if you don’t have prior experience in this field. Attend a data analyst course from a well-established and certified institute, develop the following skills listed in the qualifications below and you are ready to hit the road. You can apply for internships, most of the courses provide for a few months of internship. This can guide you in the work field and help you gain practical experience.
Data analyst qualifications
- Relevant Degree & Familiar with the Field -To become a data analyst, you need to complete a data analyst course from a substantial site or certified educational institute.
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Tools – You should be competent in writing SQL queries and procedures, and know Microsoft Excel, Matlab, and IBM SPSS to analyze trends and strategy to steer accurate insights.
- Numerical & Analytical Skills – Good with numbers and hands-on understanding of data analysis processes.
- Well-Acquainted with Statistics – Have clear concepts of statistical methodologies like probability distributions, regression analysis, hypothesis testing, and various sequences and clustering techniques.
- Data Visualization Skills – Have sound knowledge and experience with tools like Tableau, QlikView, and Power BI.
Data analyst job description
The job of a data analyst is to review data that involves data-solving procedures to provide the company with insights on the measures to take in the future.
It comprises these tasks:
- Identification & Collection – Recognising data and collecting it from valid sources.
- Provide error-free data – The collected data should not crash the system. It is the responsibility of the data analyst to clean the data and make sure it is error-free.
- Analyzation and Interpretation – Analyzation through various methods of programming and statistics accompanied by accurate interpretation.
- Presentation – The final step is to present the data.
Data analyst salary
Data analysis is one of the highest-paying jobs. In India, the job may offer you an average salary at the beginning of the career, around ₹1.9 Lakhs per year (₹15.8k per month). The job will profit you further later on in your career. With a job experience of 5 years in the field, you could touch the bar of 1 core per annum with efficient skills.
Career Scope in this Field? Every industry, every business, and every company has to deal with data, this requires a data analyst. The bigger the brand, the more data to deal with. This substantiates the very demand for this job. Without data analysts, the big names could easily collapse. Therefore data analysts stand a very essential position in the making of a company or a business. Digitalization is growing day by day, and the career scope of this job is thriving as well.